Stories of Service series
This series of short biographies highlights the experience of war through the service of everyday Australians.
Each video is under 8 minutes long and uses a combination of archival material, illustrations and live presentation to support the learning of Australian military history.
Aligned with the Australian Curriculum for History and Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS), these videos can be used as a teaching resource for many year levels. Use them in the classroom or to support commemorative activities at home.
Learning outcomes include:
- note-taking and summarising
- improving and extending vocabulary
- comprehension tasks
- encouraging empathy
- supporting commemorative activities
- learning about military medals
- learning about a variety of historical sources.