Best resources for Year 10 Australian History Curriculum
Enrich your lesson plans with historically accurate information and excellent primary sources. You can download free books and classroom activities from our site.
Education specialists and historians who work at the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) have prepared these materials to present the stories and images of people who have served Australia in wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations.
Hard copies of many of our books and resources should be available in your school library. Contact us at email@example.com to request hard copies for your school.
Australians in World War II series
- Bomber Command
- Greece and Crete
- North Africa & Syria
- Royal Australian Navy in the Atlantic and Mediterranean
- United Kingdom
Century of Service series
In the Hall of Memory at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra, there are 15 stained-glass windows. Each shows a figure dressed in military uniform, and under each figure is a word that describes a quality displayed by Australians during wartime. This series of books was inspired by those qualities.
- Ancestry—Stories of multicultural Anzacs
- Audacity—Stories of heroic Australians in wartime
- Candour—Stories in the words of those who served 1914—18
- Comradeship—Stories of friendship and recreation in wartime
- Control—Stories of Australian peacekeeping and humanitarian operations
- Curiosity—Stories of those who report during wartime
- Devotion—Stories of Australia's Wartime Nurses
- Decision—Stories of Leadership in the Services
- Resource—Stories of innovation in wartime
Other great resources for Year 10 History classes
- Bitter Fate: Australians in Malaya & Singapore
- Kokoda: Exploring the Second World War Campaign in Papua New Guinea
- Indigenous Service: A Resource for Secondary Schools
- Australian Prisoners of War
- Australian Women in War
- Coming Home: An investigation of the Armistice and Repatriation
- Forever Yours
- We'll Meet Again
- Australians at War Film Archive